Monday, March 19, 2012

ONE YEAR.


One year. Three hundred fifty-seven days. Twelve Months. Fifty-two weeks. Almost thirteen moon cycles. 

since I married my best friend! Everybody always told us that the first year is the hardest. This amazes me because I can’t imagine life getting any better. I like to think that our blissful year would be attributed to our excellent communication skills and selflessness. However, I think the fact that Zack and I live a very simple and slow-paced life on a tropical island has more to do with it. Even though Zack has to go to school and soccer and I work a few hours a week, it’s easy to feel like we’re on vacation every day.

    If you’ve been reading my blog since I moved here you’re probably shaking your head muttering that I’m full of it. But, even though there were a few rough months when we first moved here, our relationship has always been a comfort and strength to me when life around us was crazy. I’m grateful for Zack’s commitment to me and his patience. Based on my previous posts you can imagine I wasn’t the happiest or easiest person to be around. But, over the last few months I have really learned to love Hawaii.
     
    The constant sunshine is so good for my soul. I was really sad to be missing winter in Utah... until we had about two weeks of relentless rain. BYU-H campus flooded, streets were closed, and ocean water was murky and brown. After a few days of that I was ready for our constant summer to return. And return it has. Here's a picture of my view as I type.


     Some mornings I wake up to hear waves crashing outside my window and look at my wonderful husband and I can’t believe how blessed I truly am. This year has been full of so much change and with that change growth! I can honestly say I’ve never been happier in my life. The friends we have made here have become a huge blessing to us. Sometimes good friends and laughter can fix anything.  I’m grateful for the love and support of our families and friends back home! Your prayers and thoughts have lifted us so much. I’m grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and that through his Atonement I could be sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. Even beyond death, Zack and I will be together trying to make everyday feel like a vacation.


You all are in my heart and prayers daily. Mahalo and Aloha.
Sally


2 comments:

  1. Best post ev! Sounds like you really are just living the dream. So happy for you both. Love you! Congrats on 1 year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are just so cute:) Happy One Year!! We miss seeing you guys around, it was almost every night when we all lived at Raintree.

    ReplyDelete