Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Autumn is in the Air.


Hello my friends!! I’ve been feeling really homesick lately. Zack and I are coming home to Utah for a couple of days around Thanksgiving and I am already counting down the days! I’ve enjoyed Hawaii a lot more this year than I did last year. I can appreciate the laid back style a lot more and I am starting to think maybe there are things that I will miss when we leave.

Zack graduates in SIX months! (OMG can that be right??) That means I only have 4 more months until baby is due!! What the??? Then we’re off to grad school somewhere else! I wish I could say grad school was going to bring us to Utah but right now it seems it’ll be a long time before live close to home. The scariest part is adjusting to a new place, far from family, while still learning how to be a Mom. I know we have big adventures ahead though! I’m sure I’m going to love wherever we end up for grad school. It’s only temporary right?

Plus, Zack finally admitted that he might possibly, MAYBE, see us POTENTIALLY living in Cedar City near my family! I literally almost cried when he said it. We probably won’t even be thinking about settling for another 5-7 years though. So, I’m going to just keep talking about all the benefits and hope when the time comes he’ll be on board. I think we’ll definitely end up in Utah or nearby, but it’d be a dream to be so close to my parents and siblings!!

So pregnancy perils have been minimal these last couple weeks. I’ve had a lot more energy and I haven’t passed out in a while! Woo! I have had some pretty bizarre and extreme dreams lately though. Every night random things from throughout my day appear in my dream. One night I dreamt about Joe Biden hand feeding me chicken nuggets. I wake up almost every morning and can’t believe the things in my dreams.

A few months ago I bought a bunch of fabric to make baby blankets and I FINALLY finished the first! They are so so so simple. Its basically like muslin fabric with a hem. Haha. But, I’m really excited about them and you can order the fabric millions of colors. I just need to put more time into it and I’ll get them busted out in no time!

It’s finally starting to feel like “autumn”. The winds are picking up, so the air is cooler. It’s been rainy and gloomy. That’s the closest I’m going to get to real autumn. But, I have a new goal to make Zack understand the world’s obsession with pumpkin. His dad is extremely allergic to pumpkin, squash, yams, and zucchini, all of those things. So growing up, he never carved pumpkins or had pumpkin cookies or bars or milkshakes. The fall I’m going to make everything pumpkin that I can. The only thing is, he doesn’t like cream cheese frosting… which is half of what makes pumpkin things so yummy. But, I’m going to make him see the light. If any of you have amazing pumpkin recipes please, please, please send them to me! I feel like I’ve got to do something to get in the holiday spirit! Why not bake yummy treats?

Well my friends! Life is so good and we are so blessed! I hope that each of you is feeling the joy and excitement of this time of year! I ache for the day when Zack and I can be surrounded by ALL those we love, friends and family. You guys are in my thoughts and heart daily!
Mahalo and Aloha!
SD

1 comment:

  1. Sally I'm sure you know the best recipe 1 can pumpkin 1 box spice cake and chocolate chips then bake the cookies and devour them while they're warm and delicious. But other than that I don't know make pumpkin recipes. I hope I get to see you again soon! I miss your beautiful face lovely!

    ReplyDelete